Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.locationsafrica.com.
- “this website” means www.locationsafrica.com
- “the website owner” and “we” means Locations Africa
- “user” and “you” means any person accessing any part of the website
Status and amendments
- Locations Africa respects your privacy and is committed to the voluntary privacy protection principles contained in Chapter 8 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act.
Collection of personal data
- Where personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and credit card information) is submitted to the site by the user, for example through sending an e-mail or filling in required fields, the following principles are observed in the handling of that information:
- This website collects, processes and stores only such personal information regarding users as is necessary to provide the services offered. The specific purpose for which information is collected is apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- This website will not use the personal information submitted for any other purpose other than the efficient provision of services, including this website and services offered through it by third parties, without obtaining the prior written approval of the user or unless required to do so by law. The names and e-mail addresses of subscribers and persons taking advantage of the trial offer are retained for verification purposes.
- This website will keep records of all personal information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of at least one year from the date on which it was last used.
- Subject to b. above, this website will not disclose any personal information regarding a user to any third party unless the prior written agreement of the user is obtained or the website is required or permitted to do so by law.
- If information is released with the user’s consent this website will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of one year.
- This website will destroy or delete any personal information under its control, which has become obsolete.
- Information collected about users through their use of this website and newsletter service is the property of the website owner.
- The website owner will retain all ownership of and copyright in any database of users’ personal information submitted to or collected by this website or any service offered through it.
- The website owner will not utilise personal and other information submitted by users through the use of this website in order to provide further information about the website and related services unless users have expressly given prior permission.
- No credit card information is retained or stored by the website owner.
- Note that, as permitted by the ECT Act, this website may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes and trade in these profiles. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
Who we share your data with
- While reasonable measures are taken to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to or collected by this site, this website can not under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by a user or users as a result of the intentional or accidental release of information by the website owner, an employee of the website owner or any third party.
- Users and/or subscribers are prohibited from releasing their username and/or password to any other person.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
: If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.