LAUNCHED MAY 2022
The AFRICAN FILM COMMISSIONS NETWORK is established as a private association that supports and promotes the development of the film industry and the promotion of filming on location in Africa.
- To promote the profession of Film Commissioning in Africa;
- To support the development of world-class Film Commission skills and capacity with Public Institutions throughout the African Community
- To provide relevant knowledge, resources and information to Film Commissioners and their staff.
- To promote cooperation and the exchange of information between members;
- To sustain the development and coordination of location searches and shooting opportunities across Africa;
- To carry out professional and educational activities for members, particularly via Certified Training Courses;
- To organize seminars and conferences and international promotions that continue to integrate African film sector professionals into the global market;
- To provide cost effective services for Film Commissions, including ease of access to core business markets and discounted rates on promotional and developmental tools;
- To improve the working life and business success of Film Commissioners, through access to skills and knowledge;
- To highlight the most proactive film locations on the continent;
- To address needs of international producers of films and TV dramas and to connect them with African Film Commissions;
- To increase the amount of content shot in Africa for African and International markets.
Following internationally established and recognized norms, members of the AFRICAN FILM COMMISSIONS NETWORK are the professional Film Commissions, Film Offices or Film Institutes in Africa that are established and operate with the official sanction and mandate from their respective national, provincial / state or city governments. Membership is also accepted from official Tourism Agencies, Investment Promotion Agencies and other governmental initiatives tasked with promoting the development of the film economy within their territories.