LAUNCHING MAY 2022
The network will provide a coordinating focus and thrust for the Continent’s Film Commissions, and for those government agencies with an interest in, or responsibility for, attracting international film productions to their respective territories.
The network aims to;
- To promote the profession of Film Commissioning in Africa;
- To support the development of world-class Film Commission skills and capacity with Public Institutions throughout the African Community
- To provide relevant knowledge, resources and information to Film Commissioners and their staff.
- To promote cooperation and the exchange of information between members;
- To sustain the development and coordination of location searches and shooting opportunities across Africa;
- To carry out professional and educational activities for members, particularly via Certified Training Courses;
- To organize seminars and conferences and international promotions that continue to integrate African film sector professionals into the global market;
- To provide cost effective services for Film Commissions, including ease of access to core business markets and discounted rates on promotional and developmental tools;
- To improve the working life and business success of Film Commissioners, through access to skills and knowledge;
- To highlight the most proactive film locations on the continent;
- To address needs of international producers of films and TV dramas and to connect them with African Film Commissions;
- To increase the amount of content shot in Africa for African and International markets.